Very reasonably priced, Hotel Waman is an excellent choice for a quick stop-over on your way to Machu Picchu. We stayed one night at the Hotel Waman, in Aguas Calientes. It’s a five-minute walk from the Peruvian Rail Train Station and the buses to Machu Picchu. It is very centrally located and close to lots of shops and restaurants.
The room was clean, but the bathroom was small. Our room overlooked a street, which was loud when we really needed to settle down to get some rest before going to Machu Picchu the next day.
- The bed was exceptionally comfortable, but I didn’t sleep well that night. Too excited I guess!
- We had to get up at 5am, so I did not try the free daily breakfast.
- WiFi is offered, but the connection could not be reached from our room.
- They held our bags during the day while we visited Machu Picchu, then delivered them to the train station for us.
- Laundry Service
- Oxygen Available
- Alarm Service
- Currency Exchange
- Free Pisco Sour During Happy Hour
- The staff is friendly and efficient
- Overall, I would recommend Waman Hotel as a stop-over to Machu Picchu.
Have you stayed at Hotel Waman? Share your visit with me in the comments below!